AJL Aerial Media LLC specializes in low altitude photography and videography for a wide variety of applications. We work closely with each individual customer tailoring our services to meet your needs ensuring we capture the most incredible aerial imagery possible.
Just a few of the areas in which we can offer our services:
- Real Estate - Help market your listings for more interest and quicker sales.
- Golf Courses - Marketing videos and tee to green fly overs can provide your customers with a great view and understanding of the course before playing.
- Landscaping - Show off your work and expertise with some new unique views.
- Farming - Save time and money with a birds eye view for inspecting your crops.
- Advertising/Marketing - Bring a whole new look to promoting your business with aerial media.
- Weddings - We can work with your primary photographer to add a different dimension for your wedding keepsakes.
- Contractors/Builders - Document progress of a project and market your business in new ways.
- Property Owners - Get an overhead view of your property like never before.
- Insurance Companies - Document property prior to and after claims.
- +More - Almost anything you would need traditional photography or video for can have an aerial application.
Post production work is just as important as capturing the aerial media itself so we provide a full end to end solution with completely edited media for your final use.
Frequently Asked Questions
+ HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
We tailor our services to each individual client's needs so pricing will vary depending on your unique requirements. Our pricing is very affordable compared to traditional aerial imagery from planes or helicopters. We do offer a couple of "standard" pricing packages with no customization of services if they fit your needs. Contact us today to see how we can help you.
+ WHERE CAN YOU FLY?
Starting in August 2016 AJL Aerial Media will be operating under the new FAA Part 107 regulations for sUAS. There are limitations and guidelines that we must follow along with obtaining the proper authorizations and permissions, but in general, we can fly almost anywhere. Some of the key points for operational limitations are listed below. There are some circumstances where we can operate outside these limitations but waiver must be requested through the FAA.
+ WHAT ARE THE LIMITATIONS?
- Visual line-of-sight (VLOS) only; the unmanned aircraft must remain within VLOS of the remote pilot in command and the person manipulating the flight controls of the small UAS.
- Small unmanned aircraft may not operate over any persons not directly participating in the operation, not under a covered structure, and not inside a covered stationary vehicle.
- Daylight-only operations, or civil twilight (30 minutes before official sunrise to 30 minutes after official sunset, local time)
- Maximum altitude of 400 feet above ground level (AGL) or, if higher than 400 feet AGL, remain within 400 feet of a structure.
- Operations in Class B, C, D and E airspace are allowed with the required ATC permission.
- Adverse weather conditions such as high winds above 15 mph, temperatures below 0 deg F, rain and snow will also prevent us from flying.
- A summarization of all the limitations can be found at the FAA website here: FAA Part 107 Summary
+ HOW LONG CAN YOU FLY?
Each battery lasts anywhere from 12-18 minutes depending on weather conditions. We carry multiple batteries on site to ensure enough flight time for the coverage you need. A battery change only takes a few seconds.
+ WHAT AREAS DO YOU SERVICE?
We can provide service anywhere in Michigan and even in other states. Additional travel charges will apply for any locations more than 25 miles from Kawkawlin, MI.
+ ARE YOU INSURED?
Yes, we carry a $1,00,000 liability insurance policy.
+ WHAT FILE FORMATS DO YOU PROVIDE AND HOW DO WE RECEIVE THE FILES?
Depending on your needs we can provide photos in Adobe Raw DNG, JPEG, TIFF, or any combination thereof. Videos are provided in .MPEG4 or .MOV formats. We can provide the files in many different ways. We will furnish each client with a special login page on our website to be able to review proofs of your photos and videos. There will also be a download link where you can download the final output files to your own storage device. Videos are also uploaded to our YouTube and Vimeo channels where you are free to link or embed those videos to your own webpage, social media, etc.